Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Let's talk about Math~

Take a look at this video below:


Can you answer this question? What are your thoughts after seeing this clip? Let's talk about Math. Let's face it, many people do not like Math naturally: some of us are terrified by the thought of it (myself included during my middle school days.) Does Math have to be public enemy #1? Do we need Math? Why do we have to take Math in school? We are hoping that we will address all these questions this year when we learn and explore Math together, as a learning community. now check this other video out:

2 comments:

  1. I love game shows and trivia, but I always wonder how I would perform if I were ever to be on one. I feel that even the easiest of questions might become difficult as the nerves take over. It reminds me of the "amygdala hijack" that we talked about in class (kind of like a brain freeze).

    ReplyDelete
  2. true~ and evidently Patricia can certainly do Math. This example further supports that we should not only fill our heads with formulas and rules, as we do tend to 'forget' them under pressure, but rather learn to figure things out and know how each of these rules and formula work and how they came about: real understanding lasts longer than memorized facts.

    ReplyDelete