Thursday, November 6, 2014

FORM, FUNCTION….& THE ENVIRONMENT!

Many companies are getting on the green bandwagon!  In an effort to practice sustainability and environmental stewardship, these companies’ goals include reduction of air and greenhouse emissions, utilization of alternate fuels for a cleaner environment and conservation of natural resources by saving energy, reducing water consumption, recycling and the use of recycled materials.

In the context of the form and function unit, how can we practice sustainability and environmental stewardship?  What things can you reuse and revamp thereby creating less waste in our landfills?

CHALLENGE:  Think of one thing you have/own which has been sitting around collecting dust.  How can you revamp that item into something useful? What was it originally and what can you transform it into?  How would you go about doing so?  WHAT'S STOPPING YOU??  Share your ideas…

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX….I DARE YOU!


For a little inspiration….


6 comments:

  1. I'm going to refurbish my old dresser. I'm going to sand it and paint it to give it a fresher look. This way I'm reusing an old piece of furniture that would otherwise be considered a waste. I'll also make sure I use an eco-friendly paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using an unusable tire for a tire swing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would use old cups as places to hold or store pencils and pencil crayons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reusing items/upcycling is going to be a focus of a new extra-curricular group at Cranny. Stay tuned for updates, but there will be weekly activities after school (probably Thursdays). If you are interested please see Mr. Milette.

    As for me personally, I enjoy reusing items around the house. I know we recently used old boxes to make a spice rack in the cupboard. We also use very thinly rolled up pieces of newspaper to make various containers to store and organize pens and other items. I wish we could post pics to Blogger replies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'd love to see what you've created/recycled!!

      Delete