Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Power of a Good Story!

One day when I was in elementary school I was waiting for something or the other… bored out of my mind, I picked up a book that I thought would help me pass the time.  I did the mistake of judging it by its cover, and thus did not have very high expectations of it.  What a surprise when I ended up being soooooo caught up in the book and the story that time flew by. I couldn't believe how much I thoroughly enjoyed the novel from beginning until the end!

YOUR TURN TO SHARE: Has something like this happened to you?  What is one book that you read that pleasantly surprised you and possibly made an impact on your life? 

Share your brief story and the name of the book or text. Maybe you’ll inspire someone to read the book that you read!


2 comments:

  1. This happened to me too! Although for me it wasn't judging a book by it's cover, but by judging an author by what I had previously thought about them! I had always thought that Canadian novelist Margaret Atwood wrote stories that wouldn't be in my taste. However, once I read "Oryx and Crake" (about an apocalyptic dystopia), I was hooked on her writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I thought I wouldn't like Atwood as well and have resisted reading her novels thus far...now upon your suggestion, I will have to give her a shot! Thanks Mr. M!!

    ReplyDelete